You can give a gift of Tennis to anyone! Electronic Gift Certificates are now available here:
The Jan-Mar 2018 schedule is now ready and can be downloaded here.
All the lessons are in the registration system and can be booked at any time.
Powell River Tennis Centre is actively looking for very young kids 3-5 years old to participate in “Le Petite” tennis program.
The program consists of one 1hr session a week and the first block of lessons is on Mondays from Nov 20th to Dec 18th
Children will learn all about basic tennis skills such as holding a racket, understanding court layout, and hitting a ball. Under our diligent and caring instructor, children gain a real appreciation of what they can achieve through practice and hard work. Although basic skills are the aim of this program, being jolly and having fun is the focus of this program.
We use Tennis Canada-approved slower balls and lower nets so kids can enjoy the play from the very first lesson.
For those with accounts, please follow this link to sign up.
For those who don’t have an account yet please create an account and sign up for the program @ https://prtennis.ca/reservation-system/
Feel free to ask any question @ https://prtennis.ca/contact-us/
We are waiting for the occupancy permit to be issued at any moment now.
For the time being after consultations with other tennis clubs and Tennis BC we decided to re-work our programs to ensure there is a good match to every skill level. The new programs will be released in the next few days and will be available starting December. Please see more information here:
This is how Tennis Centre looks like now !
Finally, we have defined the benefits of being a member of Powell River Tennis Centre.
As all registration will be done at prtennis.ca, please register an account to get access to lessons and court rentals.
There are three types of accounts:
- Guest membership is free
- Guests book courts at higher hourly rates than the members.
- The access to the facility is provided via PIN code emailed to guest upon receiving an online payment.
- Single membership cost is $150 / year and a Family membership cost is $200 / year
- Single and Family memberships allow to book courts at lower rate ($14/hr and up).
- The facility key (two keys for Family) is provided for convenient access
- For the members, we will organize a “Grand Slam” event every month where all courts will be reserved for 3 hours or more for competitive tennis exclusively for the members.
The courts are being installed ! The surface will consist of 4 layers of Plexipave and will be completed by Wednesday.
A quick project update::
- HVAC duct moved on one side, the other side to be completed tomorrow.
- The back walls painted in dark green.
- The surface is being sanded in preparation for the Plexipave and to be completed tomorrow.
- The surface compound has been received (two skids).
- The building sign has been traced and will be painted in the next day or two (hope the weather will help here).
- The lighting fixtures protection mesh is still being installed (about 60% complete). There are 48 6x pipes “High Output” fluorescent in the middle of the area plus there are 10x sets of 10 feet long “traditional” fluorescent behind the baselines… Quite a bit of work.
Next week promises to be quite exciting as the courts installation scheduled for Oct 20th and the change rooms are to be built as well.
And a few pictures: